[gpfsug-discuss] subnets

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 19:10:38 BST 2016

mmdiag --network

Simon
From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] on behalf of Brian Marshall [mimarsh2 at vt.edu]
Sent: 19 October 2016 18:46
To: gpfsug main discussion list
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] subnets

All,

We are setting up communication between 2 clusters using ethernet and IPoFabric.

The Daemon interface is running on ethernet, so all admin traffic will use it.

We are still getting the subnets setting correct.

Question:

Does GPFS have a way to query how it is connecting to a given cluster/node?  i.e. once we have subnets setup how can we tell GPFS is actually using them.  Currently we just do a large transfer and check tcpdump for any packets flowing on the high-speed/data/non-admin subnet.

Thank you,
Brian Marshall