[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Upgrade 3.5 -> 4.1

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Mon Oct 10 15:35:02 BST 2016

I've also always been worried about that one, but never experienced it
taking any time, I/O or interruption. I've the interpreted it to just start
using new features, but not really changing anything with the existing
metadata. Things needing on disk changes are probably put in mmmigratefs I
have not heard about anything needing mmmigratefs since GPFS v3.3 (fs
version 11.03) added fast extended attributes.

Would be great to hear otherwize, or confirmations.

-jf