[gpfsug-discuss] Toolkit

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Oct 4 15:53:48 BST 2016

On 10/04/2016 04:44 PM, Aaron S Palazzolo wrote:
> *Hi Stef,*
>
> Thanks for your Install Toolkit feature request:
> --------------------
> /Is it possible to recreate the clusterdefinition.txt based on the
> current configuration?/
> --------------------
>
> A couple questions if you don't mind:
> *1) *Are you using the Install Toolkit for base gpfs installation or
> solely protocol deployment?
I used the spectrum toolkit for basic setup.
Then I used some mm commands to add disks and change other stuff.
But the toolkit is unaware of theses changes.

> *2) *If using it for base gpfs installation, do you create both NSDs and
> file systems with it or do you do this manually?
Like said, I used the toolkit for the first few NSDs and later used mm
commands for other NSDs.

I have no problems using the mm commands, but I don't know what will
happen if I want to use the toolkit to create proto nodes.

Stef