[gpfsug-discuss] multipath.conf for EMC V-max

Jason Bennett jasonbennett at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 16:36:51 GMT 2016

Trying to help a customer resolve a multipath.conf issue....
I am at a major stopping point regarding my deployment on Linux.   I’m
working with our SAN Team to get a good /etc/multipath.conf configuration
with a stanza for our EMC V-max SAN presented.      I have PowerPath
installed and the SAN disk can been seen from both linux nodes but I need
to set three items in a custom devices stanza to ensure no disks
locking.    The three items required for concurrent disk without locks
are:   feature=0,   failback=immediate & no_path_retry=fail.   If you were
to reply with an example of the multipath.conf where you’ve used EMC V-max
I would just be tickled pink.

Thanks.
Jason Bennett
IBM