[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas on Multiple Filesets

Michael Holliday michael.holliday at crick.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 09:47:33 GMT 2016

Hey Everyone,

I have a GPFS system which contain several groups of filesets.

Each group has a root fileset, along with a number of other files sets.  All of the filesets share the inode space with the root fileset.

The file sets are linked  to create a tree structure as shown:

Fileset Root -> /root
Fileset a  -> /root/a
Fileset B -> /root/b
Fileset C -> /root/c

I have applied a quota of 5TB to the root fileset.

Could someone tell me if  the quota will only take into account the files in the root fileset, or if it would include the sub filesets aswell.   eg If have 3TB in A and 2TB in B   - would that hit the 5TB quota on root?

Thanks
Michael

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.