[gpfsug-discuss] Demo

Yaron Daniel YARD at il.ibm.com
Wed May 11 20:49:08 BST 2016

Hi

I think what is hot:

- Compression
- Mixed access to same files via CIFS/NFS/GPFS client
- AFM DR capabilities

Regards

Yaron Daniel
 94 Em Ha'Moshavot Rd

Server, Storage and Data Services - Team Leader
 Petach Tiqva, 49527
Global Technology Services
 Israel
Phone:
+972-3-916-5672

Fax:
+972-3-916-5672

Mobile:
+972-52-8395593

e-mail:
yard at il.ibm.com

IBM Israel

From:   "Scott Fadden" <sfadden at us.ibm.com>
To:     gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:   05/11/2016 08:51 AM
Subject:        Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Demo
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

I developed a demo that shows how the file heat metric can be used to move
"cool" data from a Flash tier to spinning disk. As visuals it displays a
speedometer for transaction rate, a chart showing capacity used in each
tier and total cost of storing the data ($/GiB).

For a simpler demo maybe the GUI with live performance, maybe a policy on
lots of files (use a list policy) or something like fileset level
snapshots.

Scott Fadden
Spectrum Scale - Technical Marketing
Phone: (503) 880-5833