[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS VM passthrough

Laurence Horrocks-Barlow laurence at qsplace.co.uk
Thu May 5 09:48:25 BST 2016

I have a few KVM systems that use 9p to pass GPFS through and it does just work; although I've not really benchmarked or pushed it yet.

Regarding licencing, its my understanding that the guest inherits the hosts licence i.e. if you have a client license on the host all vms are covered by the same license (iirc there is a core/socket caveat) So that is worth exploring further.

-- Lauz