[gpfsug-discuss] TSM and re-linked filesets

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 5 09:25:02 BST 2016

Hi Lauz

When we want to remove filesets we link them in an area that isn’t exported by CIFS or NFS. This allows us a grace period where the users most definitely cannot access the files before we delete them permanently.

Normally it’s not a problem as most of our filesets are only a few hundred GB, but this particular one contains 80TB of data (160TB replicated) and I don’t fancy it getting backed up again!