[gpfsug-discuss] CNFS and multiple IP addresses

Bryan Banister bbanister at jumptrading.com
Tue May 3 21:31:53 BST 2016

Hi Kevin,

Look at the man page for mmchnode, you’ll need to use the “--cnfs-interface=<ip_address_list>” option.

BTW, I get the cleanest looking man pages for GPFS commands by using the “-E ascii” option.

You may also have a Round-Robin DNS record setup that includes the current IP addresses that you will likely want to update, not forgetting about DNS caching timeouts that you may need to let expire before no client attempts to mount from an old address.

Hope that helps!
-Bryan