[gpfsug-discuss] Data replication and fileset quotas

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue May 3 21:27:12 BST 2016

Hi again all,

I have another question on a completely different topic and therefore I decided it was better to send two separate e-mails.

For a number of years now we have had a GPFS filesystem where we use filesets and set fileset quotas.  Data replication is set to one.  I understand how that all works.

We are creating another GPFS filesystem where we intend to also use filesets and fileset quotas, but set data replication to two.  Based on my experience with data replication on a filesystem that doesn’t use filesets, I am expecting that setting data replication to two means that I will need to double the quota for each fileset (i.e. if a group has bought 5 TB of space I’ll need to set their fileset quota to 10 TB) but haven’t found where that is explicitly documented.  Is that correct?

Thanks again, all…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633