[gpfsug-discuss] cross-cluster mounting different versions of gpfs

Konstantin Arnold konstantin.arnold at unibas.ch
Tue Mar 15 22:22:17 GMT 2016

It's definitely doable, besides --version mentioned byJan-Frode, just a
two things to consider (when cluster started as 3.5 or earlier version)
we stumbled across:
- keys nistCompliance=SP800-131A: we had to regenerate and exchange new
keys with nistCompliance before old cluster could talk to new remotecluster
- maxblocksize: you would want ESS to run with maxblocksize 16M -
cluster with 3.5 probably has set a smaller value (default 1M) and to
change that you have to stop GPFS

Best
Konstantin