[gpfsug-discuss] cross-cluster mounting different versions of gpfs

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Tue Mar 15 20:45:05 GMT 2016

I’ve never used ESS, but I state for a fact you can cross mount clusters at various levels without a problem – I do it all the time during upgrades. I’m not aware of any co-exisitance problems with the 3.5 and above. Yo may be limited on 4.2 features when accessing it via the 3.5 cluster, but data access should work fine.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance HPC Grid
507-269-0413