[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS+TSM+HSM: migration via GPFS policy scripts - Success story!

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 8 19:45:13 GMT 2016

"I followed that guide using GPFS 3.4 and TSM 6.4 with HSM and it's been
working perfectly since then. I was even able to remove dsmscoutd online,
node-at-a-time back when I made the transition. The performance change was
revolutionary and so is the file selection.

We have large filesystems with millions of files, changing often, that TSM
incremental scan wouldn't cope with and Spectrum Scale 4.1.1 and Spectrum
Protect 7.1.3 using mmbackup as described in the SS 4.1.1 manual, creating
a snapshot for mmbackup also works perfectly for backup.

 Cheers
 Chris  <chrisjscott at gmail.com>

THANKS, SCOTT -- we love to hear/see customer comments and feedback,
especially when they are positive ;-)