[gpfsug-discuss] mount: /dev/gpfs01 already mounted or /gpfs01 busy

Konstantin Arnold konstantin.arnold at unibas.ch
Wed Jun 29 17:05:33 BST 2016

Hi Tejas,

we have observed this behavior too, typically when automounter or open
file handles are involved. We tried to close the file handles (kill the
process that has them open), next tried to unmount the automouter path
and then mmumount filesystem again. In cases where we could not find and
close the open file handles (e.g. process cannot be killed anymore) or
you're stuck with unmounting the autoumounter path, we had to stop GPFS
and verify the kernel module gets unloaded. In case the kernel module
stays loaded, our only option was to reboot the node.

Best
Konstantin