[gpfsug-discuss] mount: /dev/gpfs01 already mounted or /gpfs01 busy

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 17:02:27 BST 2016

Process running which is either from gpfs or using it.

We used to see it when we ran torque from gpfs and forgot to stop it before shutting down gpfs.

Or if you have dsmrecalld (for example) running on the node.

Simon
From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] on behalf of Tejas Rao [raot at bnl.gov]
Sent: 29 June 2016 16:58
To: gpfsug main discussion list
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] mount: /dev/gpfs01 already mounted or /gpfs01 busy

"umount -l" returns with "not mounted" message. See below.

[root@ ~]# umount -l /gpfs01
umount: /gpfs01: not mounted

[root@ ~]# umount -l /dev/gpfs01
umount: /dev/gpfs01: not mounted
[root@ ~]#

[root@ ~]# /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmmount gpfs01
Wed Jun 29 11:56:58 EDT 2016: mmmount: Mounting file systems ...
mount: /dev/gpfs01 already mounted or /gpfs01 busy
mmmount: Command failed. Examine previous error messages to determine cause.

Thanks.