[gpfsug-discuss] Dry-Run functionality

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 14:49:36 BST 2016

IMO I’d want to see an explanation of what will happen in plain English. “This will create a policy that moves any file bigger than 10MB and older than 30 days to storage pool XYZ”.

You might be able to tell I’ve never used GPFS policies except for initial placement so the above example might not be possible anyway ☺

I’m very used to the Powershell switch “-whatif” which basically said “I am going to do the following:”

Cheers

Richard