[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS on ZFS?

Jaime Pinto pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 13 17:11:07 BST 2016

I just came across this presentation on "GPFS with underlying ZFS
block devices", by Christopher Hoffman, Los Alamos National Lab,
although some of the
implementation remains obscure.

http://files.gpfsug.org/presentations/2016/anl-june/LANL_GPFS_ZFS.pdf

It would be great to have more details, in particular the possibility
of straight use of GPFS on ZFS, instead of the 'archive' use case as
described on the presentation.

Thanks
Jaime

Quoting "Jaime Pinto" <pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca>:

> Since we can not get GNR outside ESS/GSS appliances, is anybody using
> ZFS for software raid on commodity storage?
>
> Thanks
> Jaime

          ************************************
           TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS STORIES
          http://www.scinethpc.ca/testimonials
---
Jaime Pinto
SciNet HPC Consortium  - Compute/Calcul Canada
www.scinet.utoronto.ca - www.computecanada.org
University of Toronto
256 McCaul Street, Room 235
Toronto, ON, M5T1W5