[gpfsug-discuss] mmchqos and already running maintenance commands

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Jul 29 16:56:14 BST 2016

Hi All,

Looking for a little clarification here … in the man page for mmchqos I see:

*  When you change allocations or mount the file system, a brief
   delay due to reconfiguration occurs before QoS starts applying
   allocations.

If I’m already running a maintenance command and then I run an mmchqos does that mean that the already running maitenance command will adjust to the new settings or does this only apply to subsequently executed maintenance commands?

Thanks…

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633