[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS API O_NOFOLLOW support

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 25 20:50:54 BST 2016

Thanks Marc. In my mind the issue is a timing one between the moment the
policy engine decides to perform an action on a file (e.g. matching the
path inode/gen number with that from the inode scan) and when it
actually takes that action by calling an api call that takes a path as
an argument. Your suggestion in #3 is the route I think I'm going to
take here since I can call acl_get_fd after calling open/openat with
O_NOFOLLOW.