[gpfsug-discuss] AFM Peer Snapshots over GPFS Protocol

Luke Raimbach Luke.Raimbach at crick.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 18:15:18 BST 2016

Dear GPFS Experts,

I've worn my brain out today with AFM and Windows ACLs, but more questions just keep on coming....

What's the story with Peer Snapshot functionality over GPFS protocol? Will it ever work, or should I crank my nice setup down a notch to NFS?

Are peer snapshots supposed to work over NFS for Independent Writer mode AFM caches, or just Single Writers?

Like Barry says, new AFM toys are great. Can we have more, please?

Cheers,
Luke,

Luke Raimbach​
Senior HPC Data and Storage Systems Engineer,
The Francis Crick Institute,
Gibbs Building,
215 Euston Road,
London NW1 2BE.

E: luke.raimbach at crick.ac.uk
W: www.crick.ac.uk

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.