[gpfsug-discuss] NDS in Two Site scenario

Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com Mark.Bush at siriuscom.com
Wed Jul 20 21:47:13 BST 2016

For some reason this concept is a round peg that doesn’t fit the square hole inside my brain.  Can someone please explain the best practice to setting up two sites same cluster?  I get that I would likely have two NDS nodes in site 1 and two NDS nodes in site two.  What I don’t understand are the failure scenarios and what would happen if I lose one or worse a whole site goes down.  Do I solve this by having scale replication set to 2 for all my files?  I mean a single site I think I get it’s when there are two datacenters and I don’t want two clusters typically.

Mark R. Bush | Solutions Architect
Mobile: 210.237.8415 | mark.bush at siriuscom.com
Sirius Computer Solutions | www.siriuscom.com<http://www.siriuscom.com>
10100 Reunion Place, Suite 500, San Antonio, TX 78216

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. This message may be viewed by parties at Sirius Computer Solutions other than those named in the message header. This message does not contain an official representation of Sirius Computer Solutions. If you have received this communication in error, notify Sirius Computer Solutions immediately and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.

Sirius Computer Solutions<http://www.siriuscom.com>