[gpfsug-discuss] gpfsug-discuss Sample RHEL 7.2 config Spectrum Scale install toolkit

Michael L Taylor taylorm at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 15 18:41:27 BST 2016

Hi Richard,
The Knowledge Center should help guide you to prepare a RHEL7 node for
installation with the /usr/lpp/mmfs/4.2.0.x/installer/spectrumscale install
toolkit being a good way to install CES and all of its prerequisites:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_4.2.0/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r2.ins.doc/bl1ins_loosein.htm

For a high level quick overview of the install toolkit:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/General%20Parallel%20File%20System%20%28GPFS%29/page/Protocols%20Quick%20Overview%20for%20IBM%20Spectrum%20Scale

As mentioned, RHEL7.2 will be supported with CES with the 4.2.1 release due
out shortly.... RHEL7.1 on 4.2 will work.

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Aggregating filesystem performance (Oesterlin,		 Robert)
      (Brian Marshall)
   2. Sample RHEL 7.2 config / anaconda scripts (Sobey, Richard A)
   3. Re: Aggregating filesystem performance (Oesterlin, Robert)
   4. Re: Sample RHEL 7.2 config / anaconda scripts
      (Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services))
   5. Re: Aggregating filesystem performance (Buterbaugh, Kevin L)

Message: 4