[gpfsug-discuss] Aggregating filesystem performance

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Jul 13 17:18:18 BST 2016

Hi Bob,

I am also in the process of setting up monitoring under GPFS (and it will always be GPFS) 4.2 on our test cluster right now and would also be interested in the experiences of others more experienced and knowledgeable than myself.  Would you considering posting to the list?  Or is there sensitive information that you don’t want to share on the list?  Thanks…

Kevin

On Jul 13, 2016, at 11:06 AM, Oesterlin, Robert <robert.oesterlin at nuance.com<mailto:robert.oesterlin at nuance.com>> wrote:

Hi Brian

I haven't seen any problems at all with the monitoring. (impacting performance). As for the Zimon metrics - let me assemble that and maybe discuss indetail off the mailing list (I've BCC'd you on this posting.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance HPC Grid

From: <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org>> on behalf of Brian Marshall <mimarsh2 at vt.edu<mailto:mimarsh2 at vt.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 9:43 AM
To: "gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>" <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Aggregating filesystem performance (Oesterlin, Robert)

Robert,

1) Do you see any noticeable performance impact by running the performance monitoring?

2) Can you share the zimon configuration that you use? i.e. what metrics do you find most useful?

Thank you,
Brian Marshall

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633