[gpfsug-discuss] Sample RHEL 7.2 config / anaconda scripts

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 17:08:32 BST 2016

The spectrumscale-protocols rpm (I think that was it) should include all the os dependencies you need for the various ss bits.

If you were adding the ss rpms by hand, then there are packages you need to include. Unfortunately the protocols rpm adds all the protocols whether you want them or not from what I remember.

Simon
From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] on behalf of Sobey, Richard A [r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk]
Sent: 13 July 2016 14:59
To: 'gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org'
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] Sample RHEL 7.2 config / anaconda scripts

Hi all

Where can I find documentation on how to prepare RHEL 7.2 for an installation of SS 4.2 which will be a CES server? Is a “minimal” install (yes, install using the GUI, don’t shoot me) sufficient or should I choose a different canned option.

Thanks

Richard
PS I tried looking in the FAQ http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY/gpfsclustersfaq.html but I couldn’t find anything specific to this.