[gpfsug-discuss] Aggregating filesystem performance

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Tue Jul 12 14:19:49 BST 2016

Hi Brian

I have a couple of pointers:

- We have been running mmpmon for a while now across multiple clusters, sticking the data in external database for analysis. This has been working pretty well, but we are transitioning to (below)
- SS 4.1 and later have built in zimon for collecting a wealth of performance data - this feeds into the built in GUI. But, there is bridge tools that IBM has built internally and keeps promising to release (I talked about it at the last SS user group meeting at Argonne) that allows use of Grafana with the zimon data. This is working well for us.

Let me know if you want to discuss details and I will be happy to share my experiences and pointers in looking at the performance data.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance HPC Grid