[gpfsug-discuss] IBM Spectrum Scale transparent cloud tiering

service at metamodul.com service at metamodul.com
Fri Jan 29 14:46:50 GMT 2016

Hi Robert,
i refered to your posting i assume ^_^

Note the following is from what I know, Since i did not had any change to work
with GPFS in the last 2 years my knowledge will be outdated.

The current GPFS tiering options depending on the DMAPI which i am not a big fan
since it had in the past some limitations,
In past i read some talking about "lightweight callbacks" - thats what i
remember as the name - which could hook into the stream of open or write process
( to/from a gpfs )

Thus in case the new solution is still based on DMAPI no further info is
required. If not i would like to know a little bit more ... if possible,

Cheers
Hajo