[gpfsug-discuss] Integration with Active Directory

Monty Poppe poppe at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 25 17:01:00 GMT 2016

All CES nodes should operate consistently across the cluster. Here are a
few tips on debugging:

/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/wbinfo -p to ensure winbind is running properly
/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/wbinfo -P (capital P), to ensure winbind can communicate
with AD server
ensure the first nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf points to your AD server
(check all nodes)
mmuserauth service check --server-reachability  for a more thorough
validation that all nodes can communicate to the authentication server

If you need to look at samba logs (/var/adm/ras/log.smbd &
log.wb-<domainname>) to see what's going on, change samba log levels
issue: /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/net conf setparm global 'log level' 3.  Don't
forget to set back to 0 or 1 when you are done!

If you're willing to go with a later release, AD authentication with LDAP
ID mapping has been added as a feature in the 4.2 release. (
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/STXKQY_4.2.0/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r2.adm.doc/bl1adm_adwithldap.htm?lang=en
)

Monty Poppe
Spectrum Scale Test