[gpfsug-discuss] AFM and Placement Policies

Dean Hildebrand dhildeb at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 24 19:16:54 GMT 2016

Hi Luke,

The short answer is yes, when the file is created on the home, it is a
'brand new' creation that will conform to any and all new placement
policies that you set on the home site.  So if you are using NFS in the
relationship, then it is simply created just like any other file is created
over NFS.  The same goes when using GPFS to the home cluster...

Dean
IBM Almaden Research Center