[gpfsug-discuss] AFM and Placement Policies

Luke Raimbach Luke.Raimbach at crick.ac.uk
Wed Feb 24 14:05:07 GMT 2016

Hi All,

I have two GPFS file systems (A and B) and an AFM Single Writer relationship: /fsB/cache writes back to /fsA/home

I have a placement policy which sets extended attributes on file creation in /fsB/cache.

When I create a new file in /fsB/cache/new.file and it is pushed back by AFM to /fsA/home/new.file, can the home fileset apply a different placement policy to add or modify extended attributes? I guess the deeper question is does each file system in this arrangement see the new.file as "new" in both locations?

Cheers,
Luke.

Luke Raimbach​
Senior HPC Data and Storage Systems Engineer,
The Francis Crick Institute,
Gibbs Building,
215 Euston Road,
London NW1 2BE.

E: luke.raimbach at crick.ac.uk
W: www.crick.ac.uk

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.