[gpfsug-discuss] question about remote cluster mounting

Damir Krstic damir.krstic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:07:33 GMT 2016

In our current environment we have a storage gpfs cluster and a compute
gpfs cluster. We use gpfs remote cluster mounting mechanism to mount
storage cluster on compute cluster. So far so good.

We are about to introduce 3rd storage cluster in our environment and
question I have is about gpfs authorization keys.

More specifically, when we initially did remote cluster mounting, we had to
run mmauth command on both the storage cluster and the compute cluster and
then share the keys between the clusters.

With the third storage cluster, can we re-use authorization key from
compute cluster and share it with the new storage cluster? The reason for
this question is I am hoping to minimize downtime on our compute cluster
and I remember having to shut gpfs down when issuing mmauth command so I am
hoping I can re-use the compute cluster key without shutting gpfs down.

Thanks,
Damir