[gpfsug-discuss] translating /dev device into nsd name

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Dec 17 21:42:39 GMT 2016

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:24:34 -0500, Aaron Knister said:

> that I can then parse and map the nsd id to the nsd name. I hesitate
> calling ts* commands directly and I admit it's perhaps an irrational
> fear, but I associate the -D flag with "delete" in my head and am afraid
> that some day -D may be just that and *poof* there go my NSD descriptors.

Others have mentioned mmlsdnsd -m and -X

Keep in mind that if you have multiple NSD servers in the cluster, there
is *no* guarantee that the names for a device will be consistent across
the servers, or across reboots.  And when multipath is involved, you may
have 4 or 8 or even more names for the same device....