[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS fails to use VERBS RDMA because link is not up yet

David D. Johnson david_johnson at brown.edu
Thu Dec 8 19:27:08 GMT 2016

Under RHEL/CentOS 6, I had hacked an “ibready” script for the SysV style init system that waits for link to come up on
the infiniband port before allowing GPFS to start. Now that we’re moving to CentOS/RHEL 7.2, I need to reimplement
this workaround for the fact that GPFS only tries once to start VERBS RDMA, and gives up if there is no link.
I think it can be done by making a systemd unit that asks to run Before gpfs. Wondering if anyone has already done
this to avoid reinventing the wheel….

Thanks,
 — ddj
Dave Johnson