[gpfsug-discuss] Flash Storage wiki entry incorrect

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 13:33:40 GMT 2016

To whom it may concern,

I've just set up an LROC disk in one of my CES nodes and going from the example in:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/General%20Parallel%20File%20System%20(GPFS)/page/Flash%20Storage

I used the following as a guide:

cat lroc-stanza.txt
%nsd: nsd=lroc-nsd1
     device=/dev/faio
     server=gpfs-client1  <-- is not a NSD server, but client with Fusion i/o or SSD install as target for LROC
     usage=localCache

The only problems are that 1) hyphens aren't allowed in NSD names and 2) the server parameter should be servers (plural).

Once I worked that out I was good to go but perhaps someone could update the page with a (working) example?

Thanks
Richard