[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas on Multiple Filesets

J. Eric Wonderley eric.wonderley at vt.edu
Fri Dec 2 20:51:14 GMT 2016

Hi Michael:

I was about to ask a similar question about nested filesets.

I have this setup:
[root at cl001 ~]# mmlsfileset home
Filesets in file system 'home':
Name                     Status    Path
root                     Linked    /gpfs/home
group                    Linked    /gpfs/home/group
predictHPC               Linked    /gpfs/home/group/predictHPC

and I see this:
[root at cl001 ~]# mmlsfileset home -L -d
Collecting fileset usage information ...
Filesets in file system 'home':
Name                            Id      RootInode  ParentId
Created                      InodeSpace      MaxInodes    AllocInodes
Data (in KB) Comment
root                             0              3        -- Tue Jun 30
07:54:09 2015        0            134217728      123805696    63306355456
root fileset
group                            1       67409030         0 Tue Nov  1
13:22:24 2016        0                    0              0              0
predictHPC                       2      111318203         1 Fri Dec  2
14:05:56 2016        0                    0              0      212206080

I would have though that usage in fileset predictHPC would also go against
the group fileset