[gpfsug-discuss] Maximum value for data replication?

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 20:09:05 BST 2016

Is there a maximum value for data replication in Spectrum Scale?

I have a number of nsd servers which have local storage and Id like each node to have a full copy of all the data in the file-system, say this value is 4, can I set replication to 4 for data and metadata and have each server have a full copy?

These are protocol nodes and multi cluster mount another file system (yes I know not supported) and the cesroot is in the remote file system. On several occasions where GPFS has wibbled a bit, this has caused issues with ces locks, so I was thinking of moving the cesroot to a local filesysyem which is replicated on the local ssds in the protocol nodes. I.e. Its a generally quiet file system as its only ces cluster config.

I assume if I stop protocols, rsync the data and then change to the new ces root, I should be able to get this working?

Thanks

Simon