[gpfsug-discuss] quota on secondary groups for a user?

Jaime Pinto pinto at scinet.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 4 16:59:31 BST 2016

Since there were inconsistencies in the responses, I decided to rig a
couple of accounts/groups on our LDAP to test "My interpretation", and
determined that I was wrong. When Kevin mentioned it would mean a bug
I had to double-check:

If a user hits the hard quota or exceeds the grace period on the soft
quota on any of the secondary groups that user will be stopped from
further writing to those groups as well, just as in the primary group.

I hope this clears the waters a bit. I still have to solve my puzzle.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Jaime

          ************************************
           TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS STORIES
          http://www.scinethpc.ca/testimonials
---
Jaime Pinto
SciNet HPC Consortium  - Compute/Calcul Canada
www.scinet.utoronto.ca - www.computecanada.org
University of Toronto
256 McCaul Street, Room 235
Toronto, ON, M5T1W5