[gpfsug-discuss] quota on secondary groups for a user?

Sven Oehme oehmes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 21:32:32 BST 2016

i can't contribute much to the usefulness of tracking primary or secondary
group. depending on who you ask you get a 50/50 answer why its great or
broken either way.
Jonathan explanation was correct, we only track/enforce primary groups , we
don't do anything with secondary groups in regards to quotas.
if there is 'doubt' of correct quotation of files on the disk in the
filesystem one could always run mmcheckquota, its i/o intensive but will
match quota usage of the in memory 'assumption' and update it from the
actual data thats stored on disk.

sven