[gpfsug-discuss] Did you know about "-Y" ?? I sure didn't... game changer

Barry Evans bevans at pixitmedia.com
Wed Apr 20 21:38:42 BST 2016

If you build a monitoring pipeline using -Y output, make sure you test
between revisions before upgrading. The columns do have a tendency to
change from time to time.

Cheers,
Barry
On 20/04/2016 20:02, Bryan Banister wrote:

> Apparently, though not documented in man pages or any of the GPFS docs
> that I’ve read (at least that I recall), there is a “-Y” option to
> many/most GPFS commands that provides output in machine readable fashion….
>
> That’s right kids… no more parsing obscure, often changed output
> columns with your favorite bash/awk/python/magic.
>
> Why IBM would not document this is beyond me,
>
> -B

> Note: This email is for the confidential use of the named addressee(s)
> only and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this email is
> strictly prohibited, and to please notify the sender immediately and
> destroy this email and any attachments. Email transmission cannot be
> guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The Company, therefore, does
> not make any guarantees as to the completeness or accuracy of this
> email or any attachments. This email is for informational purposes
> only and does not constitute a recommendation, offer, request or
> solicitation of any kind to buy, sell, subscribe, redeem or perform
> any type of transaction of a financial product.

This email is confidential in that it is intended for the exclusive
attention of the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not the intended
recipient, this email should not be read or disclosed to any other person.
Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
computer system. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the
company from which this email was sent and, whilst to the best of our
knowledge no viruses or defects exist, no responsibility can be accepted
for any loss or damage arising from its receipt or subsequent use of this
email.