[gpfsug-discuss] backup and disaster recovery solutions

Damir Krstic damir.krstic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:15:30 BST 2016

We have implemented 1.5PB ESS solution recently in our HPC environment.
Today we are kicking of backup and disaster recovery discussions so I was
wondering what everyone else is using for their backup?

In our old storage environment we simply rsync-ed home and software
directories and projects were not backed up.

With ESS we are looking for more of a GPFS based backup solution -
something to tape possibly and also something that will have life cycle
feature - so if the file is not touched for number of days, it's moved to a
tape (something like LTFS).

Thanks in advance.

DAmir