[gpfsug-discuss] Making an RFE Public (and an intro)

John Hamano jfhamano at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 30 15:29:58 GMT 2015

Hi Carl, welcome and congratulations on your new role.  I am North America
Brand Sales for ESS and Spectrum Scale.   Let me know when you have some
time next weekg to talk.

From:   Carl Zetie/Fairfax/IBM at IBMUS
To:     gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org,
Date:   10/30/2015 08:20 AM
Subject:        [gpfsug-discuss] Making an RFE Public (and an intro)
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

First the intro: I am the new Product Manager joining the Spectrum Scale
team, taking the place of Janet Ellsworth. I'm looking forward to meeting
with you all.

I also have some news about RFEs: we are working to enable you to choose
whether your RFEs for Scale are private or public. I know that many of you
have requested public RFEs so that other people can see and vote on RFEs.
We'd like to see that too as it's very valuable information for us (as
well as reducing duplicates). So here's what we're doing:

Short term:
If you have an existing RFE that you would like to see made Public, please
email me with the ID of the RFE. You can find my email address at the foot
of this message.

PLEASE don't email the entire list!

Medium term:
We are working to allow you to choose at the time of submission whether a
request will be Private or Public. Unfortunately for technical internal
reasons we can't simply make the Public / Private field selectable at
submission time (don't ask!), so instead we are creating two submission
queues, one for Private RFEs and another for public RFEs. So when you
submit an RFE in future you'll start by selecting the appropriate queue.
Inside IBM, they all go into the same evaluation process.

As soon as I have an update on the availability of this fix, I will share
with the group.

Note that even for Public requests, some fields remain Private and hidden
from other viewers, e.g. Business Case (look for the "key" icon next to
the field to confirm).

regards,
Carl

Carl Zetie
Product Manager for Spectrum Scale, IBM

(540) 882 9353  ][  15750 Brookhill Ct, Waterford VA 20197
gpfsug-discuss mailing list
gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org