[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas, replication and hsm

Bryan Banister bbanister at jumptrading.com
Wed Oct 28 13:25:27 GMT 2015

I'm not sure what kind of report you're looking for, but the `du` command has a "--apparent-size" option that has this description:
              print apparent sizes, rather than disk usage; although the apparent size is usually smaller, it may be larger due to holes in (âsparseâ) files, internal fragmentation, indirect blocks, and the like

This can be used to get the actual amount of space that files are using.

I think that mmrepquota and mmlsquota show twice the amount of space of the actual file due to the replication, but somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

I also would like to know what the output of the ILM "LIST" policy reports for KB_ALLOCATED for replicated files.  Is it the replicated amount of data?

Thanks,
-Bryan