[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 4.2 - no support for Zimon Perf sensors on RH6?

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Sun Nov 29 23:08:06 GMT 2015

I noticed that IBM only shipped the zimon performance sensors for RH7 with version 4.2 . This is a HUGE disappointment – most of my NSD servers are still and RH 6.6 (and the clients).

gpfs.gss.pmcollector-4.2.0-0.el7.x86_64.rpm
gpfs.gss.pmsensors-4.2.0-0.el7.x86_64.rpm
pmswift-4.2.0-0.noarch.rpm

Can IBM comment on support for RH6 system with the Performance sensors? I understand the collector node must be at RH7.

Making the performance sensor RH7 only means many users won’t be able to take advantage of this function.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance Communications
507-269-0413