[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS file system won't mount automatically anymore.

Richard Lefebvre richard.lefebvre at calculquebec.ca
Thu Mar 19 22:32:58 GMT 2015

Thanks for those who replied. One thing I didn't mention correctly is that
I have several gpfs mount say:
/gpfs1
/gpfs2
/gpfs3

Say it was gpfs2 that had the NSD problem. So now when I reboot a node,
/gpfs1 and /gpfs3 mount, but /gpfs2 doesn't, I have to manually type
mmmount gpfs2 on the node to get it mounted after the boot.

So I don't think that it is a problem with mounting within linux boot
sequence. But a flag than I'm missing in the gpfs setup. Or status of the
filesystem that is not set OK that I cannot figure out. The output of
mmlsfs of a system that mounts compared the the one that doesn't are the
same except for mount point, NSDs and creation time. Is there another
"mm..." command with which to check the status of a filesystem?

Richard