[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS file system won't mount automatically anymore.

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Mon Mar 16 15:11:13 GMT 2015

Not much details to go by here, but I know I've had problems with SElinux
blocking for getting filesystems mounted automatically at boot, while
manually mounting afterwards worked fine. I fixed that by disabling
automatic startup of gpfs from standard initscripts, and used this in
rc.local instead:

# make sure GPFS is not confined by selinux policies:
runcon -t unconfined_t /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmstartup

  -jf