[gpfsug-discuss] Disabling individual Storage Pools by themselves? How about GPFS Native Raid?

Allen, Benjamin S. bsallen at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Jun 19 17:05:15 BST 2015

> One imagines that GNR uses the SCSI enclosure services to talk to the
> shelves.

It does. It just isn't aware of SAS topologies outside of the supported hardware configuration. As Sven mentioned the issue is mapping out which drive is which, which enclosure is which, etc. That's not exactly trivial todo in a completely dynamic way.

So while GNR can "talk" to the enclosures and disks, it just doesn't have any built-in logic today to be aware of every SAS enclosure and topology.

Ben