[gpfsug-discuss] Disabling individual Storage Pools by themselves?

Luke Raimbach Luke.Raimbach at crick.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 08:47:10 BST 2015

my question to ibm wrt gss would be: can we have a "demo" of gss recovering from eg a drawer failure (eg pull both sas connectors to the drawer itself). i like the gss we have and the data recovery for single disk failures, but i'm not sure how well it does with major component failures. the demo could be the steps support would take to get it running again (e.g. can gss recover from a drawer failure, assuming the disks are still ok ofcourse).

Ooh, we have a new one that's not in production yet. IBM say the latest GSS code should allow for a whole enclosure failure. I might try it before going in to production.
The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.