[gpfsug-discuss] OpenStack Manila Driver

Luke Raimbach Luke.Raimbach at crick.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 09:48:50 BST 2015

[SNIP]

>> The tenants don’t have root access to the file system, but the Manila
>> component must act as a wrapper to file system administrative
>> equivalents like mmcrfileset, mmdelfileset, link and unlink. The
>> shares are created as GPFS filesets which are then presented over NFS.
>>

> What makes you think the it creates filesets as opposed to just sharing out a normal directory? I had a quick peruse over the documentation and source code and saw no mention of filesets, though I could have missed it.

I think you are right. Looking over the various resources I have available, the creation, deletion, linking and unlinking of filesets is not implemented, but commented on as needing to be done.
The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.