[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs rdma expels

Chris Hunter chris.hunter at yale.edu
Thu Jul 2 14:01:53 BST 2015

Thanks for the feedback.
Our network is non-uniform, we have three (uniform) rdma networks
connected by narrow uplinks. Previously we used gpfs on one network, now
we wish to expand to the other networks.

Previous experience shows we see "PortXmitWait" messages from traffic
over the narrow uplinks. We find expels happen often from gpfs
communication over the narrow uplinks.

We acknowledge an inherent weakness with narrow uplinks but for
practical reasons it would be difficult to resolve.

So the question, is it possible to configure gpfs to be tolerant of
non-uniform networks with narrow uplinks ?

thanks,
chris hunter