[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS 4.1.1 without QoS for mmrestripefs?

Daniel Vogel Daniel.Vogel at abcsystems.ch
Thu Jul 2 08:12:32 BST 2015

Sven,

Yes I agree, but “using –N” to reduce the load helps not really. If I use NFS, for example, as a ESX data store, ESX I/O latency for NFS goes very high, the VM’s hangs. By the way I use SSD PCIe cards, perfect “mirror speed” but slow I/O on NFS.
The GPFS cluster concept I use are  different than GSS or traditional FC (shared storage). I use shared nothing with IB (no FPO), many GPFS nodes with NSD’s. I know the need to resync  the FS with mmchdisk / mmrestripe will happen more often. The only one feature will help is QoS for the GPFS admin jobs. I hope we are not fare away from this.

Thanks,
Daniel