[gpfsug-discuss] Another GPFS + Open Stack user

Bruno Silva bruno.silva at crick.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:45:16 GMT 2015

Hello,

My name is Bruno Silva and I am HPC Lead for the Francis Crick Institute - www.crick.ac.uk

We are participating in eMedlab, an MRC funded collaborative project to support computational biomedical research between UCL, the Crick, Queen Mary University of London, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

We are very interested in the integration of GPFS and Open Stack, and particularly how to provide maximum performance securely on VMs.

I believe that Orlando Richards, Simon Thompson, and others have brought this issue to the mailing list and that there will have been useful discussions already on this matter, so we will be very happy to bring any information that might be useful to the discussion.

At the moment we are considering the possibility of automounting GPFS clients on VMs using heat templates and restricting root access to those machines. GPFS would be available through a provider network in Open Stack. I suspect this is a very naïve approach, but it would be interesting to hear what your thoughts on this idea are.

Many thanks,
Bruno

___________________________________
Dr Bruno Silva
High Performance Computing Lead
The Francis Crick Institute
Gibbs Building
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE

T: 020 7611 2117
E: Bruno.Silva at crick.ac.uk
W: www.crick.ac.uk<http://www.crick.ac.uk/>

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no.06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.